Melbourne & The Australian Open Jan 21 – Jan 26, 2021
Join us for another once in a lifetime amazing journey to the land down under…home of Cathy Freeman, Nova Peris, Megan Davis, Linda Burney, Jessica Mauboy, Ernie Dingo, Crocodile Dundee, Steve Irwin, Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman, Mel Gibson, Russell Crowe, Margaret Court, Lleyton Hewitt, and Nick Kyrgios. Just looking at the list of famous names tells you to dig a little deeper into Aussie land.
According to Worldatlas.com, Australia is known as ‘the land Down Under’ for its position in the southern hemisphere. The discovery of Australia began when European explorers searched for a land under the continent of Asia. Before Australia was discovered, it was known as Terra Australis Incognita the unknown southern land.
CNN Travel indicates that the land down under offers spectacular outdoor scenery, animals unlike anywhere else in the world and urban centers that compete with the top cities of Europe, North America and Asia on livability rankings. It lists Sydney, Melbourne and the tropics of Cairns, with its Great Barrier Reef, among its best places to visit in Australia.
As a tennis player, I definitely recommend a visit to the Australian Open at Melbourne Park and we will visit the AO on Jan 25, 2021 which should be around the 2nd or 3rd rounds in singles. We will sit together as a group in lower level stadium seating with a plan for lunch and drinks to be included.
Travel excites me because of the unknown and what is just around the corner to discover. As a labeled African American or Black Woman that travels, I have received interesting looks and amazing questions when I talk about Black History tours in areas like Canada, London, Paris and the like. A few questions that I always find interesting are…. Oh, do black people actually live there? Or What do they call black people there? It’s questions like those that help fuel my travel passion as an objective and open woman that identifies as a melting pot of ethnic background and as a Black Woman. It’s questions like those that ask you to go back and read that list of names presented at the beginning and then do a little look-see on those names you don’t recognize. If you are a history and culture lover you may definitely find Australia an undiscovered world worth exploring regardless of racial identity.
*LAX to Melbourne is an average 24-hour flight
Day 1 Wednesday January 20, 2021 Depart for Melbourne*
Depart your home destination for Melbourne may actually occur the evening of Jan 21, 2021 as the average flight is 24 hours.
Day 2 Thursday January 21, 2021 Arrive in Melbourne
Welcome to the second-largest city in Australia! Melbourne is full of cultural and architectural attractions, sights and epic nightlife!
WELCOME TO THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN!
Meet your local transfer in terminal 2 (international) after clearing customs for transfer from Melbourne Airport to Hotel Lindrum. Your driver will have a sign with your name and will wait 1.5 hours in case of flight delays.
Get some rest after such a long flight or explore the city via a hop-on-hop-off bus or feel free to take advantage of being within walking distance to world-class theatres and restaurants, sporting venues such as the Melbourne Cricket Ground and Melbourne and Olympic Parks and major attractions such as Federation Square.
Day 3 Friday January 22, 2021 Melbourne
Enjoy breakfast, be a little lazy and then make your way to get a real welcome to the second-largest city in Australia! Enjoy a 5.5-hour tour of the beautiful Melbourne.
Your tour guide will pick you up from your Melbourne Day Tour Centre, Federation Square East (corner Flinders and Russell Streets) at 12 noon and return you to the same location at 5:30 PM. Please be at the departure point at least 15-minutes prior to scheduled departure.
The Melbourne Highlights afternoon tour takes in a cruise on the Yarra River complete with a generous gourmet boxed lunch followed by a coach tour through the sports, arts and entertainment regions of Melbourne. Cruise along the Yarra River with commentary, pass by bluestone wharves, reminiscent of the early settlement days and enjoy 360-degree views of the city skyline and bustling Southbank. Highlights of your coach tour include the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne’s most famous sports stadium and Melbourne Park – home to the National Tennis Centre and the sports precinct, visit the Royal Botanic Gardens, pass the Arts and Cultural Centre on Southbank and elegant St Kilda Road, see the vibrant waterfront development of the Docklands and Etihad Stadium. Take in a spectacular view of the city skyline from the Bolte Bridge and Port Melbourne by the sea. You’ll enjoy beach views en-route to trendy St Kilda where you can explore Acland Street, home to an eclectic mix of cultures. Perhaps enjoy a local favorite – afternoon tea of coffee and cake at one of the trendy cafes and world class patisseries (own expense). See upmarket suburbs and the mega houses of Elwood and Brighton, the iconic Brighton bathing boxes (subject of many a tourist photo), lively Fitzroy Street and take a trip around Albert Park Lake – home of the Australian F1 Grand Prix.
Day 4 Saturday January 23, 2021 A Day At Leisure
Melbourne is full of cultural and architectural attractions, sights and epic nightlife!
Enjoy this day of leisure by exploring the area on your own. Perhaps return to some sights from your previous tour for a longer stay or take a day at the THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN!
Day 5 Sunday January 24, 2021 – Melbourne
Awake and enjoy a fabulous breakfast and sightseeing on your own but be back at the hotel by 1:00 PM (Depart hotel 1:45PM) for 8 hours of amazement during your unforgettable day which will commence with a visit to Moonlit Sanctuary Conservation Park where you are guaranteed plenty of close encounters with an array of Australian native animals like kangaroos, wombats and echidnas. Next, head to Phillip Island where, time/season permitting, visit Woolamai Surf Beach to catch a glimpse of the awesome waves and die-hard surfers. Following this, travel over to the dramatic west coast of the island. At the Nobbies, stroll along the boardwalk to experience the waves crashing along this dramatic coastline and perhaps spot a few seals and some penguin nests. Finally, your Phillip Island Day Tour is not complete without its black-tie gala event: The Penguin Parade. You will firstly head to the Visitor Centre to explore, shop and have a coffee, then last but certainly not least, you will meander along the boardwalk to the viewing platform. It’s time to relax and let the show begin. The little penguins will waddle ashore, decked out in their tuxedos as they hurry off to find their burrows. At the end of the evening, your Guide will take you back to your Melbourne hotel.
Day 6 Monday January 25, 2021 – Melbourne
WELCOME TO THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN! We will attend the AO on Day 8 of the tennis rounds which should be around 3rd or 4th round Singles and will sit in lower level stadium seating. Rod Laver Arena at Melbourne Park – Melbourne
Day 7 Tuesday January 26, 2021 – Depart Melbourne
Enjoy breakfast and bid farewell to the LAND DOWN UNDER
Day 8 Wednesday January 27, 2021 Arrive Home
- 6 Days/ 5 Nights exploring Melbourne
- Accommodations at a beautiful hotel like Hotel Lindrum Melbourne where breakfast is included
- Transportation to and from airports, accommodations, and itinerary inclusive excursions to include freeway and tunnel tolls
- Melbourne Highlights with River Cruise and Lunch
- Phillip Island Nature Park Penguin and Moonlit Sanctuary Melbourne Tour
- Entry to Melbourne Park for A Day at the Australian Open Day 8 Singles – Rod Laver Arena at Melbourne Park – Melbourne
- Attendee Swag Bag
- Onsite 2BusyNot2Travel Travel Consultant beginning Jan 22, 2021
Package Does Not Include
- Transportation to Melbourne
- Transportation from Melbourne
- Australia Visitors Visa (It is highly recommended that Australian Electronic Visas be issued at time of issuing airline tickets. We are not responsible for any delays in entry visa processing due to government protocols or procedures.)
- Travel Insurance
- Additional checked baggage fees for all travel
- Items of a personal nature
- Service Charges/Gratuities
In Need of Seeing More Australia? We have an alternative travel itinerary for you just click here!
All prices quoted are per person and subject to change until booked:
Monthly Payments| Final Payment Due 10/15/20
- Single w/o flight: $3882
- Double w/o flight: $2328
- Single with LAX economy flight: $5562
- Double with LAX economy flight: $4008
Travel Package Accommodations
Melbourne Hotel Lindrum
The property is a stylish boutique Melbourne hotel featuring 59 hotel accommodation rooms, a boardroom, the Felt restaurant, a bar and a unique Billiard room which pays tribute to the history of the building as Lindrum’s Billiard Centre. The hotel is within walking distance to world-class theatres and restaurants, sporting venues such as the Melbourne Cricket Ground and Melbourne & Olympic Parks and major attractions such as Federation Square.
Stylish, vibrant and cosmopolitan, Melbourne is a city for all styles and tastes. Guests staying at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne, MGallery are perfectly placed to explore the best of Melbourne, and are just minutes from Melbourne CBD, Flinders Street Station and the City Circle tram. This beautiful Melbourne hotel is situated within easy reach of the city’s main dining, fashion, cultural and sporting precincts, with access to Federation Square, the MCG, Melbourne Museum, Etihad Stadium and Rod Laver Arena.
Travel Package Need to Know
- This adventure will include walking, heights and engagement with what might be considered unique animals like kangaroos and penguins.
- Travel protection is highly recommended. Missing a vacation is bad enough. Losing the money you paid for your vacation is even worse.
- A valid passport is required for this event. Please ensure that your passport is valid for more than six months after travel.
- Additional excursions can be purchased from your travel agent prior to departure.
- Making reservations for this package signifies your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
- All of your payments to 2BusyNot2Travel are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Reservations must be made in your FULL NAME as it appears on your valid passport.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. Please make your reservations today at this low price to be locked in.
- Monthly payments are required to keep your reservations current.
- You must ensure your roommate, if applicable, is also making timely monthly payments.
- Name changes may be considered a booking cancellation and will require a fee.
- Late monthly payments will incur a 5% of balance late fee every 5 days late.
- Late payments not received within 30 days of due date will cancel the trip reservation and forfeit all prior payment amounts.
- Late payment of $50 per person is required the day after final due date. All late payment requests must be approved by management before the final payment deadline on your account.
- Cancellations become effective the date after final payment is due. Late payment requests must be received before final payment to be considered.
- Reinstated bookings after cancellations are $100 fee if accepted by vendor.
Travel Package Reservations and Payments
- You may pay in full at the time of booking. No future payments will be needed, unless you later modify your reservations.
- Monthly payments are automatically deducted for the original deposit medium used each month on your listed due date.
- When you book, we’ll calculate an evenly divided automatic billing plan for you and you will know in advance the day of every month that your payment will be processed. Your initial deposit is due at the time of booking, and your future payments will be charged according to the schedule you see on your invoice. You will be responsible for making your monthly payments on your own and your reservations can be cancelled after missing one monthly payment.