2019 Bellísimo Italy
Sept. 30 – Oct 6 Rome, Florence & Venice
Spend 7-days discovering mouth-watering cuisine, excellent wine, fabulous art, splendid beauty, ancient ruins, extraordinary statues, and remarkable architecture. Italy is an awakening both spiritually and culturally. Do you remember the Roman Empire and the story of Jesus? Do you remember the Roman Emperors Augustus and Julius Caesar?
On this Italy tour, get a taste of what the country has to offer and explore its most famous cities: Rome, Florence, and Venice. Have your camera ready as you discover the historical sights of Rome, including the Colosseum, the amphitheater used for deadly gladiatorial contests; St. Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel, world-famous for Michelangelo’s ceiling paintings. You’ll see ancient buildings and ruins, and you’ll be able to imagine what life was like thousands of years ago.
Visit San Gimignano, the medieval hilltop town with its towers, and enjoy a Chianti wine tasting, followed by lunch. In Florence, known as one of the most beautiful cities in the world and often referred to as the art capital of Italy, enjoy an escorted walking tour that includes a visit to the Academy of Fine Arts to see Michelangelo’s famous David; later spend time shopping for local Florentine goods to include famous Italian Leather. In Venice, you’ll see the must-see sights, such as St. Mark’s Square and Basilica and Doges’ Palace. You’ll also have time to explore the maze of streets and discover hidden treasures in their back alleys. To top it all off, enjoy a farewell drink at the famous Caffė Florian in St. Mark’s Square and enjoy this prime people-watching spot.
- Hotel Accommodations in Rome, Florence and Venice
- Motorcoach travel between all itinerary cities
- Airport Transfers
- Rome – Group Welcome Dinner
- Rome – Guided visit of Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and the Colosseum
- San Gimignano (Chanti Region) – Wine Tasting and Lunch
- Florence – Guided visit of Michelangelo’s David and Signoria Square
- Venice – Boat ride and guided tours of St. Mark’s Square and Basilica and the Bridge of Sighs
- Venice – Experience the beauty of the old age tradition of glass blowing which creates some of Italy’s most beautiful vases and glass ornaments
- Venice – Farewell Drink at Caffe Florian
- Guided sightseeing
- Full buffet breakfast daily
- English Speaking tour guide on tours
- Onsite 2BusyNot2Travel Travel Consultant
- Flight to Rome and return origin flight from Venice
- Hotel Government imposed nightly room tax
- Personal expenses
- Optional tours
- Any room service, telephone charges, mini bar, gratuities, or tips
- International Airfare is not included
- A transfer fee may be assessed for alterations to packages, itineraries/tours and suggested arrival/departure dates.
- Prices are per person and based on double occupancy. All prices are expressed in US dollars.
- Prices for vacation packages are subject to change without notice.
- All travel documents are the responsibility of the passenger.
- A valid passport with at least 6 months validity after the date of travel is required.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Day by Day Itinerary
Inside visits and special features are shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description, including admission charges where applicable.
DAY 1 ARRIVE IN ROME (Monday Sept 30, 2019)
Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant.
DAY 2 Rome (Tuesday Oct 1, 2019)
Guided sightseeing of the “Eternal City” starts with a visit to the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL with Michelangelo’s ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment, followed by a visit to monumental ST. PETER’S SQUARE and BASILICA to admire Michelangelo’s Pietà. Then, enjoy views of other major sites as you drive to the Roman Forum to visit the ancient COLOSSEUM, where gladiators once fought. Afterward time at leisure; optional excursions are available.
DAY 3 ROME–SAN GIMIGNANO–FLORENCE (Wednesday Oct 2, 2019)
Early rise and be picked up at your hotel to enjoy a scenic drive along the Highway of the Sun which offers views of towns like Orte and Orvieto, perched high atop a volcanic rock on your way to Tuscany and its hill-clad vineyards. Stop in San Gimignano, the medieval hilltop town with its tower houses for a Chianti WINE TASTING, followed by lunch. Time to wander through the historic center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, before continuing to Florence, “Cradle of the Renaissance.”
DAY 4 FLORENCE (Thursday Oct 3, 2019)
Meet your Local Guide, and visit the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS with Michelangelo’s celebrated David. Continue your walking tour through the historic center and stand in awe in front of the magnificent cathedral, admire Giotto’s Bell Tower, the Baptistry’s heavy bronze “Gates of Paradise,” sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE, and take pictures of Ponte Vecchio. Afterward, you may wish to shop for Florentine leather goods and gold jewelry, sold by the ounce.
DAY 5 FLORENCE–VENICE ISLAND (Friday Oct 4, 2019)
A spectacular drive through the wooded Apennine Hills brings you to Venice, a powerful magnet for romantics and art lovers from around the globe. Enter in style by PRIVATE BOAT, then follow your Local Guide for a walking tour featuring ST. MARK’S SQUARE, a favorite location for many movies. See the byzantine BASILICA, lavish DOGES’ PALACE and the famous BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Also watch a skilled GLASSBLOWER fashion delicate objects in an age-old tradition, and receive an exclusive gift, just for you! ~Breakfast
DAY 6 VENICE ISLAND (Saturday Oct 5, 2019)
Immerse yourself in the wonderful atmosphere of Venice. Wander through the narrow streets, discover Rialto Bridge, and top it all off with a farewell drink at the famous CAFFÈ FLORIAN while musicians entertain you. Later, why not join an optional cruise to the charming island of Burano, followed by a delicious meal of local specialties?
DAY 7 VENICE ISLAND (Sunday Oct 6, 2019)
Your Venice vacation ends with breakfast this morning. You will be transported to the airport for your flight home!
Need to Know:
- This tour is high walking activity with a fast pace often present.
- Venice is not conducive to mobility scooters and Europe is not extremely handicap friendly.
- European accommodations are not always equal to USA accommodations as it pertains to amenities such as air conditioning, irons and room space. Rooms are notably smaller than USA rooms, irons are not always present and air condition is often not present in fall and winter months.
- Bedding is often provided as single twin beds or double beds for two.
- Travel protection is highly recommended. Missing a vacation is bad enough. Losing the money, you paid for your vacation is even worse.
- A valid passport is required for this event. Please ensure that your passport is valid for more than six months after travel.
- Making reservations for this package signifies your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
- All of your payments to 2BusyNot2Travel are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Travel Protection highly recommended to protect your investment.
- Reservations must be made in your FULL NAME as it appears on your valid passport.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. Please make your reservations today at this low price to be locked in.
- Monthly payments are required to keep your reservations current.
- You must ensure your roommate, if applicable, is also making timely monthly payments.
- Name changes are allowed and will require a fee.
- Late monthly payments will incur a 5% of balance late fee every 5 days late.
- Late payments not received within 30 days of due date will cancel the trip reservation and forfeit all prior payment amounts.
- Late payment of $50 per person is required the day after final due date. All late payment requests must be approved by management before the final payment deadline on your account.
- Cancellations become effective the date after final payment is due. Late payment requests must be received before final payment to be considered.
- Reinstated bookings after cancellations are $100 fee if accepted by vendor. Travel Package Reservations and Payments
- You may pay in full at the time of booking. No future payments will be needed, unless you later modify your reservations.
- All monthly payments are automatically charged to the credit card used for the initial deposit and you can relax knowing that your future payments will be made automatically via your credit card.
- When you book, we’ll calculate an evenly divided automatic billing plan for you and you will know in advance the day of every month that your payment will be processed. Your initial deposit is due at the time of booking, and your future payments will be charged according to the schedule you see on your invoice. Automatic billing is available at no charge. You will be responsible for making your monthly payments on your own and your reservations can be cancelled after missing one monthly payment.
Total Costs and Payments – Prices subject to change until deposit placed
- Single Occupancy Pricing: $4209
- Double Occupancy Pricing per Person: $3599
- Final Payment due 7/10/19
Monthly Payments Available
Book this Trip:
- A credit card authorization form may be emailed to you.
- Complete and return the credit card authorization form, if applicable.
- Payments will be automatically processed each month on the due date using the original payment method. Payment dates falling on a weekend may be processed the Friday before or the Monday after.
- Travel documents will be emailed to you within 2 weeks of your scheduled departure